Sponsored Vendors View all →

Portable Chargers for the Hummer EV?

super84

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Sep 6, 2023
Messages
431
Media
196
Reaction score
247
I have a 50-amp outlet installed in my garage for my travel trailer. What charger would work best for charging the Hummer with this setup?
 
dewakt-32amp-level2-charger.webp


Amazon has the DEWALT Portable EV 120-240V Level 2 Charger up to 32 Amps, CSA Certified Indoor/Outdoor, NEMA 14-50 Plug Adapter Included, 20 ft. Cable for $299 right now. This is $100 cheaper then Home Depot!

Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CWJK2QKS?tag=hummerev-20
 
Well, the Dewalt charger gave up on me after just 5 months. It would become extremely hot after 10–20 minutes of use and stop charging the Hummer. Luckily, Dewalt support is awesome and a new one’s already on the way.


Dewalt-charger.webp
 
I'm glad to hear they are making it right.
 
Here's the Splitvolt dryer outlet one I use. I also carry an extension and 14-50 adapter. I actually used it as my primary charger in my new house until I got a Wallbox installed. 24 AMPs is "fast enough" for overnight charging.

splitdetail.webp

1430extend.webp

The end of the Parkworld extension lights up which helps at night.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest Posts

Trending content

Back
Top Bottom